On Monday, November 4 at 1 pm EST, join GreenPath, Bank of America and Khan Academy for a Google Hangout called Better Money Habits: Understanding Credit.
It will focus on addressing the often complicated world of credit and credit scores and will be moderated by Sal Khan, founder of Khan Academy, along with four credit experts, including:
- Rob Habgood, Credit & Underwriting, Bank of America
- Ian Cohen, CEO, Credit.com
- Farnoosh Torabi, Personal Finance Expert & Author
- Branden Recker, Personal Finance Counselor, GreenPath Debt Solutions
You can watch the Hangout on November 4 at: http://www.bettermoneyhabits.com/en/understanding-credit-event.html.
The panelists will cover such questions as:
- How can I build/rebuild my credit? What are specific steps to take?
- How can I avoid hurting my credit, what are the most common missteps, and why does it matter? How do I avoid credit scams?
- How does my debt affect my credit? How can I best manage/reduce my debt?
- What goes into a credit score and how is it calculated? Where specifically is it used and not used? When to review your credit report, what to look for and what goes into it.
- What is the impact of having good credit long?term? What are some healthy habits that will keep me financially fit and in good credit standing?
To submit questions ahead of time, please tweet on Twitter using the hashtag #BetterMoneyHabits.